Russia is Taking the Global Step. 1. When Russian companies step into a global marketplace, they find many of the same challenges and issues that international players coming to Russia find
1. When Russian companies step into a global marketplace, they find many of the same challenges and issues that international players coming to Russia find. The laws and customs and systems are different. The Russian companies looking to move into markets in Asia and Europe, and in emerging markets, will need to understand a different business culture and legal framework, and ensure they have good advice on how best to work in that marketplace.
2. The attractions of Southeast Asia are the rapidly growing economies of the region, which have posted strong economic growth as the major developed economies have remained mired in debt and weak demand following the global financial crisis of 2008. Beyond the traditional leading regional economies of Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, Indonesia, which is setting ambitious infrastructure investment as the cornerstone of its economic growth plans, and Myanmar, which is coming in from decades of economic isolation, are getting increasing attention.
3. The experience of companies moving into the Southeast Asian market, regardless of the country, has demonstrated the value of developing a very good understanding of the market. It is known that one of the most important first steps is to get good local advice. Not only legal advice, but general advice to assist in navigating the applicable country, political and legal risks. Many businesses and clients try to replicate their business models from home in Asian markets, and sometimes it doesn't work. So potential investors have to do a lot of research into the way things work in the relevant jurisdiction and not just try to use the same business models that have been successful elsewhere.
4. One part of the knowledge acquisition process is about getting effective advice from legal and other advisers, but obviously it also includes making an effort to meet as many people as possible. Japanese companies often open a representative office in the country and spend quite some time just meeting people, talking to people and finding out what the legal climate is, as well as who might be a suitable local partner.
VI. Определите являются ли приведенные ниже утверждения:
a) истинными (true)
b) ложными (false)
c) в тексте нет информации (no information)
1. Only a decade ago it was only Russian energy giants, or resources producers, that had moved into the global marketplace.
2. Many businesses and clients do not try to replicate their business models from home in Asian markets.
3. Indonesia does not allow foreign investors to own land but it does provide generous leasing rights, and permits the repatriation of profits.
Занесите свои ответы в таблицу:
VII. Прочитайте абзац 3 и письменно ответьте на вопрос:
What are the attractions of Southeast Asian market?
I. Переведите письменно существительные (1-10). Выберете определения (a-j), соответствующие существительным:
|1. import||a) currency sells in terms of other currencies|
|2. export||b) certificates that you buy in order to earn regular interest|
|3. interest||c) a single, numerical instance of whatever is being measured|
|4. dividends||d) good or service sold to a buyer in another country|
|5. surplus||e) paper money and coins issued by the federal government|
|6. deficit||f) excess of revenues over expenditures|
|7. currency||g) payment for using someone else’s money|
|8.exchange rate||h) excess of expenses over expected income|
|9. value||i) payments made from the earnings of a corporation to its stockholders|
|10. securities||j) good or service purchased from a seller in another country|
Занесите свои ответы в таблицу:
II. Вставьте в каждое предложение подходящее по смыслу пропущенное слово:
resources, recruitment, organization, stuff, finance, personnel
1) The CEO is the head of theteam.
2) I'm in charge of training in the humandepartment.
3) We have aof 65 in London and about 30 in Paris.
4) We have 200 people on our.
5) Ourdepartment is responsible for recruitment.
6) You haven't been paid this month? Ok, I'll put you through to the_ department.
III. а) Выполните темы КОПР №3,5.