Exercise 12. Change the in Infinitives into the Past Simple or Present Perfect. Переведите.
1. A: Do you like the movie "Star Wars?"
B: I don't know. I (see, never) that movie.
2. Sam (arrive) in San Diego a week ago.
3. My best friend and I (know) each other for over fifteen years. We still get together once a week.
4. Stinson is a fantastic writer. He (write) ten very creative short stories in the last year. One day, he'll be as famous as Hemingway.
5. I (have, not) this much fun since I (be) a kid.
6. Things (change) a great deal at Coltech, Inc. When we first (start) working here three years ago, the company (have, only) six employees. Since then, we (expand) to include more than 2000 full-time workers.
7. I (tell) him to stay on the path while he was hiking, but he (wander) off into the forest and (be) bitten by a snake.
8. Listen Donna, I don't care if you (miss) the bus this morning. You (be) late to work too many times. You are fired!
9. Sam is from Colorado, which is hundreds of miles from the coast, so he (see, never) the ocean. He should come with us to Miami.
10. How sad! George (dream) of going to California before he died, but he didn't make it. He (see, never) the ocean.
11. In the last hundred years, traveling (become) much easier and very comfortable. In the 19th century, it (take) two or three months to cross North America by covered wagon. The trip (be) very rough and often dangerous. Things (change) a great deal in the last hundred and fifty years. Now you can fly from New York to Los Angeles in a matter of hours.
12. Jonny, I can't believe how much you (change) since the last time I (see) you. You (grow) at least a foot!
13. This tree (be) planted by the settlers who (found) our city over four hundred years ago.
14. Nobody (climb, ever) this mountain. Several mountaineers (try) to reach the top, but nobody (succeed, ever) . The climb is extremely difficult and many people (die) trying to reach the summit.
15. I (visit, never) Africa, but I (travel) to South America several times. The last time I (go) to South America, I (visit) Brazil and Peru. I (spend) two weeks in the Amazon, (hike) for a week near Machu Picchu, and (fly) over the Nazca Lines.
Exercise 13. Complete the sentences with the correct affirmative, negative or interrogative form of the verb in brackets in the present perfect:
1. Carol ________________ (just/ arrive) in London.
2. _____________________ (you/ ever/ go) to the USA?
3. My father ________________ (not/ finish) his business talk yet.
4. The organization ________________ (just/ cancel) the tennis match.
5. I _____________ (live) in this flat for ten years.
6. Sue _____________ (not/ invite) Paul to the party.
7. Look at me! I ____________ (just/ buy) this pair of jeans at the sales.
8. It _______________ (not/rain) since May.
9. Plácido Domingo __________ (sing) opera for forty years.
10. Peter ______________ (wear) the same shabby clothes for years.
11. “How long ________________ (you/ know) Tom?” “We ______________ (know) each other since
we started primary school.”
12. Charles made the most delicious meal I _______________(ever/eat).
13. Peter ______________ (play) the saxophone since 2002.
14. Everything is done! I _________________ (already/ iron) the clothes and ___________ (hoover)
15. I _______________ (never/ see) such a moving film.
16. We ______________(not/ hear) from Sarah for months.
17. Oh, no! Someone ______________ (steal) my bike again!
18. ________________ (Mary/ send) you her email address?
19. Peter ________________(decide) not to retake his Economy exam.
20. The children ______________ (take) part in the local tennis competition.
21. They _____________ (be) married for fifteen years.
22. The mechanic ____________ (not/ repair) our car yet.
23. Bob _______________ (fall) in love with Helen.
24. Who _______________ (bring) the dictionary today?
25. I _____________ (not/do) the French homework, but I _____________ (write) the English essay.
26. How many times ________________ (you/ travel) abroad?
27. Mum will be angry. I ___________________ (forget) to buy what she asked me.
28. The Browns _____________ (not/sell) their house yet.
29. Nobody ________________ (reply) to my letter of complaint yet.
|Present Simple||V1(s) do/does (he, she, it) + V1 am, is, are have, has||1) запланированное будущее действие, которое идет по плану, программе, расписанию, но НЕ личные планы; 2) будущее действие в придаточных предложениях времени и условия||tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, next week, on Sunday (любые другие наречия будущего времени)|
|Present Continuous||1) am is + Ving are 2) be going + to V1||1) ранее запланированные решения, договоренности и намерения; 2) предсказания о ближайшем будущем, когда говорящий уверен в том, что это случится, благодаря существующим условиям, указанным в предложении или||наречия будущего времени|
|Future Simple||will+ V1 shall+V1||3) предсказание о будущем, основанное на чем-то, указывающем на то, что это событие случится; 4) факты и утверждения о будущем; 5) решение, принятое в момент говорения; 6) обещания и предложения 7) вежливая просьба (вопросительное предложение)||наречия будущего времени или их отсутствие|
|Future Continuous||will be+ Ving||действие, которое будет происходить в определенное время в будущем||указание на будущее и точное время|
|Future Perfect||will have +V3||будущее действие, которое завершится к определенному моменту в будущем||by, by the time, by then,(наречия результата), наречия будущего времени|
|Future Perfect Continuous||will have been+Ving||будущее действие, которое будет продолжаться к определённому моменту в будущем||наречия будущего времени|
Видо-временные формы для обозначения будущего (Future time tenses)
Exercise 1. Put the verbs in brackets into the right tense (Future Simple, Future Continuous, Future Perfect, Future Perfect continuous, Present Continuous/ be going, Present Simple)
A: Your house is very small.
B: I know. I .....(move) to a bigger house next year.
2 A: I have got a new job!
B: Wonderful! I.........(call) Mum and tell her the good news.
3 A: How old is your daughter?
B: She .........(be) fourteen next week.
4 A: I must phone Julia.
B: Well, don't phone her now. She ............(sleep).
5 A: Have you been living here long?
B: Yes. By next month, I ............(live) here for ten years.
6 A: Are you having a party next weekend
B: Yes. I hope I ............(finish) decorating the house by then.
7 A: What are your plans for tonight?
B: Well, I..............(meet) Steve at 8 o'clock.
8 A: I must buysome bread.
B: You'd better hurry. The shops....... (close) in half an hour.
9 A: Shall I call you at ten о 'clock tomorrow?
B: No. I ............(leave) for work by then.
10 A: Are you coming to the disco on Friday night?
B:I can't. I ...............(study) for my exam then.
11 A:Are you excited about going to California?
B:Yes! This time tomorrow I .............(fly) across the Atlantic.
12 A:It's seven o'clock.
B:Yes. John...............(leave) the office by now.
13 A:There's somebody at the door.
B:Oh. That..............(be) the postman.
14 A:I've left my jacket at home.
B:I ............(go) back and get it for you.
15 A:Have you booked a taxi to take you to the airport?
B:Yes. It ................(come) at eight o'clock in the morning.
16 A:Are you nervous about the interview?
B:Yes. This time tomorrow, I ...........(talk) to the managing director.