Transportation and insurance of prints
The General Management of the MIFF will assume all costs (41) _______________ (connecting / connected) with the transportation of film prints (42) ________________ (selecting / selected for Competition programmes to the Festival and back (AIRPORT of sender-Moscow-AIRPORT of recipient).
The General Management of the MIFF will assume all costs (43) ________________ (connecting / connected) with the transportation of the film prints of other Festival sections from Moscow to AIRPORT of recipient.
The General Management of the MIFF will cover all the expenses (44) _______________ (connecting / connected) with the storage and insurance of the films during the Festival.
The Grand Jury will award the following prizes – Statuettes of St George:
– Main prize (45) _____________ (awarding / awarded) for the Best Film (goes to the producer);
– Special Jury prize (46) _____________ (awarding / awarded) in accordance with the Jury’s decision;
– Prize (47) _______________ (giving / given) to the Best Director;
– Prize (48) _______________ (giving / given) to the Best Actor;
– Prize (49) _______________(giving / given) to the Best Actress.
The Grand Jury will also award the Prize for the best Short Film.
The Jury of the Documentary Competition will award the Prize for the best film.
The (50) ___________(Organizing / Organized) Committee and Festival General Management of the MIFF award the (51) ____________ (following / followed) prizes:
– Special Prize for an (52) __________ (outstanding / outstood) contribution to the world cinema;
– Special prize «I Believe. K.Stanislavsky» for the (53) ______________ (outstanding / outstood) achievement in the (54) _______________ (acting / acted) career, and devotion to the principles of K. Stanislavsky’s school.
The following prizes (55) ____________ (to give) by the Festival:
– Prize of the International film critics’ jury (FIPRESCI Jury) (56) _________(awarding/awarded) for the best film in the Main Competition (goes to the director);
– Prize of the Russian film critics’ jury for the best film in the Main Competition (goes to director);
– The Audience Award for the best film in the Main Competition (57) _______________ (following / followed) the audience polls results (goes to the director);
– Prize of the Russian Film Clubs Federation for the best film in the Main Competition (goes to the director).
It (58) __________ (to expect) that the winners will personally attend the Award Ceremonies.
(59) ______________ (Shipping / Shipped) and (60) _____________ (Mailing / Mailed) Address of the Moscow International Film Festival General Management: 72, building 2, Sadovnicheskaya St., Moscow, Russia, 115035.
Official site: http://www.moscowfilmfestival.ru
Exercise 17. Read the text below. Find passive structures and learn the words and word
Combinations in bold.
At this stage, the project’s producer finds a story, which may come from a book, play, another film, it may be a true story, original idea, etc. After identifying a theme or underlying message, the producer works with writers to prepare a synopsis. Then they produce a step outline, which breaks the story down into one-paragraph scenes that concentrate on dramatic structure.
The producer and screenwriter prepare a film pitch or treatment, and present it to potential
financiers. If the pitch is successful or the treatment is approved, a major film studio, film council, or independent investors offer financial backing. Next, a screenwriter writes a screenplay over a period of several months. A film distributormay be contacted at an early stage to assess the likely market and potential financial success of the film.
The parties involved negotiate a deal and sign contracts. Once all parties have met and the deal has been made, the film may proceed into the pre-production period. By this stage, the film should have a clearly defined marketing strategy and target audience.
to identify the underlying message – определить основную идею
to prepare a synopsis – разработать синопсис, подготовить краткую сценарную заявку
step outline / beat sheet – синопсис, “поэпизодник”
film pitch – конспективная устная презентация будущего фильма
treatment – сценарная заявка
to approve – утвердить
film council – государственная организация (под разными названиями) в ряде стран, осуществляющая государственную поддержку кинопроизводства
financial backing – финансовая поддержка
film distributor – кинопрокатная компания
to assess the likely market and potential financial success – оценить вероятного потребителя и возможную прибыль
the parties involved – заинтересованные стороны
to negotiate a deal – вести переговоры по сделке
to sign а contract – подписать контракт
marketing strategy – маркетинговая стратегия
target audience – целевая аудитория