Переведите в письменной форме абзацы 1, 4.
3. Найдите герундий и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1 . We did not know of their going to Great Britain.
2. My friend was proud of being a student of Oxford University.
3. After graduating from university he got an interesting job in Glasgow.
4. Выберите требуемую посмыслу форму глагола и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1 . If I go to London I (will call, would call) you up.
2. If he had money he (would go, would have gone) to Great Britain.
3. If he (were not busy, had not been busy) last week, he would have attended the conference.
5. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на согласование времен:
1. I knew that she had gone to Great Britain two weeks before.
2. We asked her what places of interest she would visit in London.
3. She answered that she was a student of London University.
6. Найдите причастные обороты и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1 . Being a highly developed industrial country Great Britain exports motor-cars, aircraft, electric apparatus and other items.
2. There are about 1000 monuments inside the Westminster Abbey, commemorating the lives of famous poets and statesmen.
3. There are many rivers in Great Britain, the Severn being the longest in the country.
А) Прочтите и переведите текст. Выполните задания, которые следуют за ним.
Oxygen is the most abundant of 104 elements. It was discovered in 1774 by Joseph Priestly, who obtained it by heating mercuric oxide. In industry oxygen is obtained by fractional distillation of liquid air.
Oxygen is a colourless gas. It smells slightly of chlorine. It is denser than air and soluble in water. Oxygen doesn't burn but supports burning.
Oxygen is used to produce iron from ore in a blast-furnace and convert iron into steel. It produces a higher furnace temperature and gives a flame with a temperature of about 3,000°. This flame melts steel easily. Oxygen is also used for cutting and welding metal sections.
б) Найдите герундий и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1 . Oxygen can form oxides by combining with metals.
2. The students began making the experiments with oxygen.
3. There are different ways of obtaining oxygen.
в) Выберите требуемую форму глагола и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1 . If you lived in London you (will drive, would drive) your car on the left-hand side.
2. If I had time last week I (would carry out, would have carried out) the experiment.
3. They (will do, would do) it, if they have the necessary material.
г) Напишите шесть вопросов к тексту, которые начинаются следующими словами: When? How? Is ...? Does ...? What... for?
Прочтите текст и ответьте на следующие вопросы
1. What is the area of Canada?
2. What are the official languages in Canada?
1. Canada occupies a great part of the North American Continent. The area is about 9 million square kilometers and it is the second largest country in the world.
2. Most of Northern Canada has subarctic and arctic climate, Long cold winters last 8-11 months and summers are very short. But in the South the climate is temperate,
3. There are many lakes in Canada. The biggest of them are the Great Lakes which are on the US-Canada border. Niagara Falls attract a lot of tourists from all over the world.
4. Canada is a highly developed industrial and agricultural country. It is a world leader in the production of nickel, asbestos and other minerals. Canada has an ideal climate for growing wheat and barley. It is among the world's leading wheat producers and is second in the export of wheat.
5. The population of Canada is 24 million people. English and French are the official languages of Canada and have equal status and equal rights. Canada is a federation often provinces and two northern territories.
Ottawa is the capital of Canada with the population of 800,000 people.